Pursuant to the Australian Consumer Laws (ACL) refunds will only be given if the below criteria has been met:
- EOT is unable to deliver a course for which a learner has paid fees; or
- The learner has paid to EOT an amount greater than the course fee(s) as advertised at the time of enrolment; or
- The learner is proven to be entitled to a refund pursuant to the ACL.
Notwithstanding a learner’s rights under the ACL, refunds cannot be given for any of the following alternative reasons not prescribed as grounds for a refund under the ACL:
- Failure to review and consider all information presented on the EOT website prior to enrolment
- Change of mind
- Incorrect choice
- Change of circumstances
- Financial hardship
- If you make a payment but want or have seen a different price elsewhere
- Unwillingness or inability to comply with the requirements of a relevant course
- Employer or organisation not accepting a government recognised course
- Academic or general misconduct
Where a refund is not required by the ACL, refunds cannot be provided unless requested within ninety (90) days of the payment being made.
Where it is proven that a learner has paid to EOT an amount greater than the course fee(s) as advertised at the time of enrolment, EOT will refund to the learner the amount which is the difference between the advertised course fee and the amount paid by the learner.
Learners are advised to consider all information provided on the EOT website, including the FAQs, course information, resources, instructions, the Learner Handbook, the Fees and Charges Policy and this Refund Policy, when considering enrolment into a course.
Where a refund is granted, such refund will also require cancellation of any Statements of Attainment or other documentation issued due to non-completion by the learner. Where any printed documentation has been issued, for example the Construction Industry White Card, the learner will be required to return the documentation to EOT, before the refund can be finalised.
Where a learner has purchased a bundle and wishes not to complete one or more of the bundled courses, if a refund is granted in accordance with this Refund Policy, the bundle discount will be deducted from the amount of the eligible refund.
EOT provides a ten (10) day cooling off period, where a course has been purchased and the learner has not yet commenced that course. The cooling off period is deemed to be waived if the learner commences their course and/or submits assessment material for that course.
The ten (10) day cooling-off period for White Card replacements is waived upon the submission of the required Statutory Declaration form or Statement of Attainment.