Express Online Training

Sign Up | Forgot your password?

What is the USI & Do You Need One?

From 1 January 2015 onward any person in Australia or with an Australian visa who enrolls in any in any government recognised course or unit will need to obtain and provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI).

What is the USI?

The USI is a short number which is unique to you and will allow all of your training records to be attached to a single account for you.

I am not a student – Do I need a USI?

If you are completing any accredited course or unit such as the RSA (SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol), White Card (CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry) or RSG (SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services) you are considered to be a “student” and you will need the USI.

If you only plan on completing the free-non assessable versions of these courses you will not need a USI.

I am not in Australia on a student visa – Do I need a USI?

If you are in Australia or have a visa to visit Australia when you do your course or unit (RSA, RSG, White Card etc) then you will need to get a USI.

How do I get a USI?

It’s pretty easy, only takes a couple of minutes and it is free.

Just go to the USI website and follow the steps:


  • September 2016
  • August 2016
  • July 2016
  • June 2016
  • November 2013
  • August 2013
  • July 2013
  • May 2013
  • April 2013
  • March 2013
  • February 2013
  • January 2013
  • December 2012